NPPT works with low-inertia systems (typically ≤20 MW), including systems with inverter-based sources and systems with distributed architectures (multiple source buses). For these systems, NPPT offers an array of specialized technical and engineering services from project initiation all the way to operation and customer satisfaction assurance, including:
- EMT or HIL simulation studies in support of planning, design, and operations,to facilitate
- Selection of inverters, generators/controllers/AVRs, and energy storage
- Design of controls to meet performance objectives
- Protection system design and specification
- Understanding of expected system behavior during events, such as faults, load switching, or on-to-off-grid transitions.